The rainy weather is sure making it difficult to finish the outside Hallowe'en decorating and I'm knee deep in leaves. Tomato cages are tilting drunkenly in the garden and a hard frost last night left the herb pots looking forlorn.
Sometimes though, you just have to go with the flow. I can't change the weather so I might as well settle in with a hot mug of tea and a good book. I read The Postmistress by Sarah Blake.
The story of three American women during WW II, it is nostalgic and thought provoking at the same time. The central question is, "what needs to be told and what should be held back". I found the answer to be a little less clear than I'd thought. This is the kind of book you think of long after you have turned the last page!
The sunny spot in the day was Michelle of Shabby Love featuring my bucket, from the All That Glitters post, on her lovely site. It's quite an honour to be there with the beautiful furniture pieces that are featured as well! Pop over there and soak up some inspiration!
Part of the deal with accepting the Versatile Blogger Award is telling you seven things about myself. The very nature of blogging means you already know quite a bit, so I had to really think about what might surprise you. Here we go ~
1. For 14 yrs. I owned and operated a recording studio that worked with artists like Emmy Lou Harris, U2, Gordon Lightfoot and David Sylvian.
2. My dad re-enlisted during the Korean War and I was born on Trenton Airforce Base.
3. I was the kind of kid that would bring anything home for a pet - mice, snakes, a duck and a weasel. ( I didn't get to keep the mice or snakes)
4. I was a dental assistant in the 60's.
5. I have a college degree as a law clerk.
6. I can't ride a bicycle.
7. I know pretty much everything about wells and pressure systems.
Now, if that didn't confuse you, I don't know what would!
Now, I get to nominate ten of my favourite Versatile Bloggers. Here they are ~
You Could Make That
Musings From A French Cottage
The Vintage Farmhouse
The Lavender Tub
Make The Best Of Things
Real Housewives Of Buck County
Just click on the names and you can take a peak through their houses. Isn't that neat? You'll find them as varied as my list of things you didn't know about me is!
Have a kick back and relax kind of Saturday!